Saturday 8 January 2011

Congratulations to pennacook!

Congrats to Todd! He completed his (second) 365 project on December 31 with this photo:
365:365 Final Shoot Out!

Todd's project is filled with landscapes, vibrant color and views of New Hampshire. Below is his finisher's interview along with some of his photos.

What inspired you to begin your 365 project?
I had finished one round already in the previous year, so I thought I could continue growing my skills by doing another 365 project.

How would you describe your photography in just a few words?
documentary, usually unplanned

What surprised you the most about doing the 365 project?
With this being my second 365, I thought I would have more difficulty finding something for the day’s photo - and looking back - it was easier than I thought it would be.

What did you learn during the course of your project?
I learned quite a bit over the year. I found I really enjoy TtV (Through the Viewfinder) work for one. I also learned to stick to the simple credo of not worrying. A lot of my first 365 project was the 4pm “panic” because I didn’t have a shot in the can. I relaxed (for the most part) during this year’s project. I also found that I truly learned to ‘see’ a shot. From lighting to composition before pushing the trigger, it seemed more natural this year. I also got back into film, which I had not thought I would do previously.

Do you have an interesting story about taking one of your 365 photos that you would like to share?
One good story would be about my third stranger for the 100 strangers project that I took on. George and I met in April originally and I had mentioned to him about wanting to get his photo. I procrastinated and neglected to get back to him. I saw him in October and knew there was another open studios event that he would be at. He gave me a hard time (jokingly) about not getting his photo. When I met him again at his studio, I got his photo and then we sat down and talked for most of an hour like we were old friends. It was an amazing interaction.

What are your future photography plans?
I will be at least doing a 52 week project, along with trying to continue the 100 strangers project and possibly a few state projects.

My favorites:
365:250 Pinehurst Farm
365:114 The wind will take me where it wants
365:55 Tobacco Barn
365:245 Sun Rays
365:281 I took the one less traveled by...
A slideshow of the completed project:

No comments:

Post a Comment