Monday 3 January 2011

Congratulations to amycliff!

Congratulations to Amy, who completed her 365 Project on December 31! Yay! Amy's stream is filled with lovely images, beautiful light and color. Her stream is a lovely place to spend some flickr time, go check it out! This is her final celebratory shot of her project and her finisher's interview!

365/365 - Happy New Year

What inspired you to begin your 365 Project?
I had just bought my first DSLR, taken a beginners photography course and wanted to find a way to make sure I didn't let my camera become another cool 'toy' that collected dust. A friend of mine also encouraged me to give it a go and her 365 from the previous year was so inspiring I just couldn't resist the challenge.

How would you describe your photography in just a few words?
amateur, for fun but hopefully improving. My year 5/6 students would say a lot of food, close ups and too many little kids and babies.

What surprised you the most about doing the 365 project?
How challenging it was to be creative every day, that I made it to the end and how inspiring and encouraging my family, friends and other flickr members were. I was also surprised that other people actually looked at my photos.

What did you learn during the course of your project?
I learnt how to gain better control of my camera and it's various settings and manual operations, that I have a preference for natural light, that my photography weaknesses are things like self portraits and using the flash or shooting in low light, about things like bokeh. I also learnt a lot about myself and what I value by reflecting on what the images meant to me and also a bunch of random facts and pieces of information about different things I photographed.

Do you have an interesting story about taking one of your 365 photos that you would like to share?
One of the most significant photos in my 365 is #188 which is when I found out I was pregnant and is a 365 cheat. I felt like I had waited for so long to be able to take this photo, and I couldn't believe that when it finally happened my camera was out of action being repaired. So I had to keep that little test for a week or so and do a make up shot. It's not the greatest photo but it means so much to me. It captures the memory of a very special moment for my husband and I and the beginning of a huge life changes.

188/365 - pregnant

What are your future photography plans?
I plan to take lots of photos of our baby obviously. I'm not going to 365 in 2011 although I'm considering a 52week project instead. I want to continue to force myself to use and further develop my creativity. I want to learn more about getting the lighting and focus right. I'm also interested in learning how to use the photoshop software I have sitting in the cupboard.

#102 - 102/365- HBM - Time Traveler's Wife

I never really looked at the little statistics icon until now when I was trying to figure out which photograph others liked or got the most attention. There are no 'explores' in my photostream, I have only a handful of followers and relatively low daily views. However, every little comment and view was always surprising to me and I'm grateful for each and everyone. This was the photo that had the most views I think - not sure why. This was my first and last attempt at using a 'texture'.

#100 - or maybe 100/365

I guess this is a favourite because it was a milestone and was taken around the same time that I was looking for inspiration and read the comment someone made about 365 projects being as boring as watching grass grow - still makes me laugh. It also reminds me of the inspiration I continually followed from a flickr friend AprilMN.
www.flickr.com/photos/aprilnewmanphotography/ I may not have made it to the end without her.

#19 19/365 - Zoo Keepers

I love silhouettes. When I look through my 365 as a whole this one always grabs my attention.

#255 - 255/365 heart shaped sweet nothing

Cliche I know, but I have a soft spot for hearts and let's face it, many of my 365 photos are cliches or shall we say 'inspired'. Participating in a 365 project has been all about watching and learning from others and trying the things they have shown me.

Here is a slideshow of Amy's completed project. Congratulations again!

No comments:

Post a Comment