Thursday 13 January 2011

Congratulations to riekhavoc!

Congrats to Kaytee! She completed her 365 project on December 31 with this photo (from Ecuador!):
365/365: Trescientos sesenta y cinco (Las Aventuras)

Kaytee's project is full of images of Philadelphia, her travels around the globe and some activists events. Below is her finisher's interview along with some of her photos.

What inspired you to begin your 365 Project?
I'd been using my camera to take decent photos for a few years, but felt like I didn't know how good I could be. I just kept taking the same photos over and over and over again. I wanted to try something that would push me to stretch the limits of my skill set. It worked!

How would you describe your photography in just a few words
Adventurous and occasionally activisty.

What surprised you the most about doing the 365 project?
That I did it! Sheesh, I took a photo every day for a whole year. I can see every day of my year, and remember what happened every day. This must be what it feels like to keep a daily diary. Creepy, kind of. But cool... definitely cool.

What did you learn during the course of your project?
Technique-wise, I learned how to use an off-camera flash and other artificial lighting. I'd never really tried that before. For myself, I realized that I can stick with something hard if I really enjoy it, have support, and see the results. Beyond that, I learned that my partner is incredibly creative. He came up with some of the best ideas, like the lego disco dance!
365/276: Disco Dance

Do you have an interesting story about taking one of your 365 photos that you would like to share?
Oh gosh, there are so many! But I'll tell this one - I was in Vienna for the International AIDS Conference. My friend Lucky was with me. He's a photographer too. We had gone out at night to the fairground near the conference venue, and we saw this awesome ferris wheel set against a perfect sunset. We both fired off some shots, and when I got back to the hotel, I showed him my results to ask his advice on the photo of the day. He picked this one, because, he said "it's not perfect. so it's perfect." I love that description, and the compliment from a talented photographer.
365/197: You spin me right round, baby, right round...

What are your future photography plans?
I just got a new camera (as a early present for finishing my project), so I'm going to read the manual cover to cover and then wear it out taking a ton of photos. Just like I did my last DSLR. Some will be good, most will be lousy. Hopefully I'll keep learning in the process.

Kaytee's favorites:
365/65: Neon sign on the horizon, rubbing elbows with the moon 365/226: Volar 365/352: Paradise

Congrats again Kaytee!! Here are the admin favorites along with a slideshow of Kaytee's completed project.

365/340: Spiralling downwards 365/158: Bubble Billy 365/139: 15th and Walnut

No comments:

Post a Comment