Monday 3 January 2011

Congratulations foshydog!

Congratulations to Allan, who finished his 2010 365 Project this week with the following photo!

And to cap it all off........................ - 365/365

Allan's stream is filled with great portraits, great bokeh shots and wonderfully lit photos. He kindly agreed to answer our finisher's interview questions with great responses and wonderful photos from his project. Congratulations again Allan!

What inspired you to begin your 365 Project?
I was ultimately inspired by watching other 365’ers during the 2009 year. I started following Ed McGowan (isayx3) and was really amazed at his ability to produce such great photos each and everyday. From there I started to dig into the 365 and find all sorts of other people doing it. Being able to document one whole year of my life was a driving factor in my decision as well. The thought of being to look back at each photo and know what was going on that day was something that I knew would be rewarding. I also wanted to get better at photography overall. I knew taking a photo everyday would only make me better and I wanted that challenge of learning how to get a good photo in a short amount of time.

How would you describe your photography in just a few words?
Life, faces, and light.

What surprised you the most about doing the 365 project?
The biggest surprises were the amazing people I met and the friendships I created. During the 365 you get a chance to interact with people all over the world and everyone gets to watch each others lives unfold over the course of the year. I never saw that coming when I started the 365 but I am glad that it happened.

What did you learn during the course of your project?
I learned how to say “Thanks”. I’m not that great with compliments and it made me better about accepting them. Getting more comfortable with my strobist skills is one other thing I learned this year. I am very confident with the camera now and how to set up my gear to fire off a good portrait quickly.

Do you have an interesting story about taking one of your 365 photos that you would like to share?
Well of course it has to be the photo of the 3 ultrasound pics. We got a great surprise early in the year that my wife was pregnant and then eventually found out we were having twins. A few weeks after that we were told that it’s actually triplets. Talk about your jaw hitting the ground. Life was about to change in a hurry but we knew we could do it and we were excited for the new additions to the family. The flickr community was awesome and everyone gave us great support throughout the rest of the year. Keeping up with the 365 was very hard, but getting a chance to document the entire birth year of my boys was well worth it.

The third and final reason - 139/365

What are your future photography plans?
I want to continue to take pictures of faces. People are very interesting subjects and I love it when I can snap off a photo of somebody that they like and appreciate. Hopefully I can also get back to taking more live music photos this year. I kind of put that on hold with the 365. I have also joined a 52 week group so I can come down slowly from the 365.

I loved this photo because it’s just something you never really see that often. I actually took the photo holding the camera upside down so I could press the button with my right hand.

Open Wide - 84/365

I loved this photo from the second I saw it on the back of my camera. I love the beat up door we were standing in front of and how the light looked.

Shooting for the stars - 180/365


I was heading out to work when I looked at the boys and saw the photo just waiting to be taken. This is one of those shots I would have never taken if I wasn’t doing the 365.

Hands Up! - 321/365

Below is a slideshow of Allan's completed project.

1 comment:

  1. Did you know that you can create short urls with AdFly and make $$$$$$ for every visitor to your short urls.

    ReplyDelete