Sunday 2 January 2011

Congratulations to allykatimages!

Congratulations to Dave, another one of our December 31st Project 365 finishers! allykatimages's photostream is filled with sharp interesting photos filled with color and great use of light. I had a great time tonight exploring the stunning photos in his project and reading his Strobist info. Below are his final photo of the project, his interview, some admin favorites and a slideshow of his completed project :)

Day 365/365 - The End.....


What inspired you to begin your 365 Project?
On January 1st, my friend Steve (dcis_steve) called me on convinced me to do it. I hadn't even considered it ahead of time. So I just kinda started without thinking about it too much.

Day 331 - Big Hair


How would you describe your photography in just a few words?
Bright, crisp, I don't know.

Day 37 - Illusions


What surprised you the most about doing the 365 project?
There were a lot of surprises but it was more challenging than I thought it would be...I guess because I didn't think about it ahead of time. Some days it was the absolute highlight of my day. Some days I completely dreaded it.

Day 299 - Stand out


What did you learn during the course of your project?
I learned a lot! Here are a few things that stand out to me:
- to see natural light better
- to previsualize an image before I even grab the camera
- to shoot less frames to get an image I want. My kids got tired of being a subject. We made an agreement that I only get 4 shots to get a picture. Talk about pressure! I could do it though.
- Process files much quicker
- to find an acceptable image almost anywhere/anytime.
- to see my surroundings very differently

3/365


Do you have an interesting story about taking one of your 365 photos that you would like to share?
I have a few but most will only be interesting to me. On day 19, I witnessed a police chase and capture of a bank robber. That was pretty cool. I was stuck in traffic so it made it easy to get my camera out to capture the scene.

19/365 - I love LA?


What are your future photography plans?
To keep on shooting. I won't be doing a 365 again though. I really like portraits and sort of purposely avoided them during this project because I wanted to hone other skills. I want to get back to that. I am considering doing a 100 Strangers project.

No comments:

Post a Comment