Wednesday 5 January 2011

Congrats to riebhoff!!!

Congratulations to Rick! Yay. He finished his project earlier in December. Woo hoo!

And he finished off with this shot. What a fine example in cloning. Wow. How many students do you see?

365/365 - the end

Since he finished his project, he has been busy getting ready for a show! It is up now through January 16th. So if you are in the Bay Area, be sure to stop by and check it out.

My Own Show

Through his project, we meet his lovely wife and his three daughters. Such cuties. He also gave us an inside peak to some of the Giants games! Yay.

Below he has answered some of our questions and we are featuring some of his top pics from the year.

What inspired you to begin your 365 Project?
I took my first photography class about four years ago and in class we watched Jim Brandenburg's "Chased buy the Light". If you have never seen this before, check it out, it's amazing. In it, he took only one shot a day for an entire year. I was really inspired to do something similar at some point and about a year ago I started Googling away, trying to find his work. I stumbled onto the 365 Community blog while searching. After reading and viewing the blog posts of those who had just finished the project, I was completely blown away and started my own 365 a few days later.

78/365 - heading out

How would you describe your photography in just a few words?
I certainly have not settled on a particular style. I wanted to try everything in this year, TTV, HDR, portraiture, macro, sports photography...I have a solid amount of ADHD and my photostream certainly portrays that...

210/365 - jewels

What surprised you the most about doing the 365 project?
What surprised me the most was the support of the people around me. A 365 project seemed like such a solo journey, but there is no way I would have finished it if not for my wife, who I bugged countless times to help me choose my shot of the day. The Flickr community was just fabulous as well, especially the 365 Community members. Jenny, Susie, Phil and so many others made the journey one that I will not forget. Thanks!

234/365 - the deep end

What are your future photography plans?
I actually have a show of my 365 opening on January 2nd. It goes through the 18th at the school I teach at, and I am still nervously excited to put it all together. If you are in the San Francisco Bay Area in that time frame and want to check it out, let me know. Other than that, I am contemplating another 365 after the first of the year. I already miss posting to our group, so maybe I will start sooner...

And here are a couple admin favs. :)

312/365 - gigantes!!!!307/365 - cutest kid on earth
33/365 - a heart from alex309/365 - steps and tiles


Would you like to see more? Check out the link to a selection of his 365 project in the slideshow below.

No comments:

Post a Comment