Tuesday 25 January 2011

Congratulations stacy kissel!

Congratulations to Stacy, who completed her 365 Project December 31 with this celebration of a photo:
[365/365] Finale


Stacy's photostream is filled with great shots and is well worth a visit. Below is her finisher's interview and her impressive favorites from her year, enjoy!

What inspired you to begin your 365 Project?
I decided to begin the project because I wanted some sort of structure that would make me get better at taking photos. I'm self-taught, and I've found that taking tons of shots is the only way to figure out what works and what doesn't.

How would you describe your photography in just a few words?
Quirky, inconsistent, selfish.

What surprised you the most about doing the 365 project?
Soon after starting the project, I found that I was constantly composing photos in my mind. I began looking at the world differently, always seeking out something interesting for that day's photo. Sometimes I wish I could turn this off, as I get frustrated when I don't have my camera with me or am in a situation where I can't stop and take a photo.

What did you learn during the course of your project?
I learned that it's possible to take an interesting photo anywhere. No matter where I am, I can find something to shoot.

Do you have an interesting story about taking one of your 365 photos that you would like to share?
See:
[35/365] Coincidence

Weirdest coincidence ever.

What are your future photography plans?
I've taken a bit of a break lately, but I want to do a relaxed version of a 365 this year. I hope to have at least a couple of photos each week that I'll designate as a photo of the day. During the summer I may try to get back to the one-a-day thing. I hope to start shooting with film a bit more, as I won't have to worry about keeping track of which photos were taken on which days.

Favorites:
[48/365] Doors will open for you . . .


Because I like the photo and I hate that I was kicked out of a place where I could have taken so many amazing shots.

[91/365] Takeoff

Because I love the color and I captured the bird at the perfect instant.
I also remember that I took this after work while waiting to meet friends for beers. I was just wandering around and saw the perfect photo.

[157/365] Brooklyn Bridge


This is one of my all-time favorites. Not only do I love how the colors and the lights look, but this was taken on a most excellent night. It was incredibly warm, and I spend the night walking walking all over NYC with one of my favorite people on Earth. We had just walked over the Brooklyn Bridge and back. We than wandered by the river to get shots of the bridge from the side. I didn't mind that there were roaches scurrying around my feet.

[276/365] Film, 1901

Because I don't use my old Polaroids enough.

[310/365] Zombies vs Santas

Best self-portrait ever.

1 comment: