Monday 3 January 2011

Congratulations Judi FitzPatrick Studio!

Congratulations to Judi, another member who completed her 365 on December 31! Judi's photostream offers a beautiful visual diary of her life and creativity. Her wonderful photostream is full of color and light, and I love her TTV shots. Below is Judi's finisher interview with some of her favorite photos, images she choose because they are mostly unprocessed - basically nothing done in post but maybe a crop.

What inspired you to begin your 365 Project?
I began once before and had quit at about 18 days when I started a new day-time job that at first took up a lot of my time each day. I began a second round on 1/1/10 to prove to myself that I could finish such a project.

Ghostly - 258:365


How would you describe your photography in just a few words?
Mostly I'd describe my photography as peaceful or tranquil.

Not Venice - 298:365


What surprised you the most about doing the 365 project?
Two things surprised me - 1. my skills didn't improved as much as I had planned and 2. that I was feeling rather saddened as it came to an end.

Tools - 24:365


What did you learn during the course of your project?

I learned that I have so much more to learn, that the Flickr community is chock full of wonderful and supportive people, and that as time went on I could more quickly choose and process a photo for the day.

Scent Of A Giraffe - 224:365


Do you have an interesting story about taking one of your 365 photos that you would like to share?
The only interesting thing is why I took the Shrug photo on day 165 - I found the pattern at my late mother's house 3 days earlier, came home, and started making it, took the photo after several rows had been knitted. There are 2-3 more as this knitting project progressed and was finished.

Autumn Window - 319:365


What are your future photography plans?
I'm not going to do a 365 in 2011; I need a break. My plan is twofold - 1. to pick a subject I wish I had learned more about and spend some concentrated time on doing just that and 2. reach back into my archives, film and digital, and process some good old stuff.

Final-365 - 365:365


Congratulations again to Judi! Here is a link to her project slideshow!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/judifitzpatrickstudio/sets/72157622993611407/show/

2 comments:

  1. Thanks, Michelle, for this wonderful feature and all of the support from the 365 Community members!

    Peace and happiness to all in 2011, and beyond.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Judi, I look forward to seeing your other images and hope you will continue to post in 2011 without the pressure of doing an actual Project 365.

    ReplyDelete