Monday 24 January 2011

Congratulations to 3Geezy!

Congratulations to 3Geezy who finished his 365 on 31st December with this wonderful black & white self portrait

It's a Wrap - Day 365/365

Through his 365 we are given an incite into his life and the area around him, with some lovely colourful shots and some wonderful animal portraits. 3Geezy was kind enough to answer our finishers questions and his answers are below.

1.) What inspired you to begin your 365 Project?
My fellow flickr friend John Sigler did 2009 and he was my inspiration. I also have always had a love of photography. I took a class once and decided that self motivation along with an online community would be cool.

2.) How would you describe your photography in just a few words?
Situational Journalism...always have a camera in reach.

3.) What surprised you the most about doing the 365 project?
What surprised me most was how my family began observing things that would normally pass on by. Many time they would see something tell me, "that's a 365."

4.) What did you learn during the course of your project?
I learned you have to slow down to photograph. You think as you get old you slow down, but you just get busier. Photography makes you have to stop. Stop and observe, if only for a moment. Also, now it is habitual to carry my camera. If I don't I always regret it and am fearful I'll miss some great shot.

5.) Do you have an interesting story about taking one of your 365 photos that you would like to share?
I did an extraordinary amount of driving this year. It probably was not wise, but I kept the camera on the seat next to me all the time just in case I saw a spaceship or something. One trip driving from Las Vegas to Reno I spotted an Amish fellow driving a horse drawn wagon heading south. If I did not have the discipline of having a camera at all times I would have missed the shot. It was taken driving on the freeway, but it was pretty impressive.

6.) What are your future photography plans?
I plan on doing the 365 in 2011. I would like to see if I can start setting up some shots...you know planning them instead of capturing them.

Congratulations once again to 3Geezy, here are some of the admin faves and the slideshow of his complete 365.

Dandelion - Day 143/365 Tootsie the Wonder Dog - Day 15/365




No comments:

Post a Comment