Sunday 9 January 2011

Congratulations to patchworkbunny!

Congratulations to Ellie, who finished her second 365 Project on December 31! Yay! Here is the final photo of her 2010 project:

365:365 My Head Full Of Tomorrows

Ellie is one of my flickr heros! Most importantly for her photography, her stream is full of creativity: wonderful self portraits, gorgeous low key shots and dramatic lighting. She combines her unique style with a wide variety of subject matter. In addition Ellie created the 365 Community which has provided so many of its members (myself included) with crucial encouragement and inspiration to complete their own projects. She's created other fun groups as well, including Wall Wednesday and Daily Post. I love reading her descriptions too, they give friendly and interesting glimpses into her life. There's lots of reasons that Ellie's stream is a great place to explore!

Here's Ellie's finisher interview:

What inspired you to begin your 365 Project?
As many of you know this was my second year. I finished the first on my birthday in November and in the next 2 months I barely picked up my camera. So with the new year looming, I joined the masses and started again.

144:365 Marino Marini

How would you describe your photography in just a few words?
Resourceful and random.

228:365 The Horse Whisperer

What surprised you the most about doing the 365 project?
I think doing most of the second year with a DSLR and a 50mm made me realise how cretaive my previous camera had made me. I kinda resorted to lovely f1.4 shots for a lot of days!

255:365 Heart Broken

What did you learn during the course of your project?
Sadly, the second year wasn't one of much learning. Though now I covet many expensive lenses! I think it was a lesson in determination.

Do you have an interesting story about taking one of your 365 photos that you would like to share?
The story is in the description of this one (which is one of my faves anyway):
101:365 Close Call

What are your future photography plans?
2011 is the year of the archive! After doing 365 for so long I have so many neglected photos in my archives. I'll be doing a non-strict daily post from past photos and a few new ones. I'm definitely not leaving Flickr behind but I think I need a little rest.

Here's some admin faves from patchworkbunny's project and a slideshow of her completed project. Congrats again to Ellie!

275:365 Turncoat 310:365 Dead End 056:365 Beheaded 258:365 Newborn 026:365 Sunset


No comments:

Post a Comment