Thursday 27 January 2011

congratulations to Michael Hunter

Congratulations to Michael, who completed his 365 on December 24th with this interesting portrait

[365/365] So Long... And Thanks for All The Fish

Michael's 365 set is filled with cool portraits, interesting still lifes and technically great shots!

Here is his finisher's interview...

1.) What inspired you to begin your 365 Project?
I felt I was in a creative rut and wanted to stretch myself. This certainly did the trick.


2.) How would you describe your photography in just a few words?
Artistically speaking, I'd say my photography is light hearted, dorky, no hidden depths - just entertaining. I've been told my style is quite contrasty too...


3.) What surprised you the most about doing the 365 project?
How much time and effort it would consume! Not just the execution but the creativity side of it. I'd sit there on my couch at night mulling over what to take next... I became obsessed. I also didn't want to copy anyone else's ideas, so the more I looked on flickr the harder that became after a while.


4.) What did you learn during the course of your project?
I learned that I wouldn't be doing this again. Haha.
I learned a lot more about how to use my strobe lights.
I learned that even Zack Arias failed after less than 100 days. Wow!


5.) Do you have an interesting story about taking one of your 365 photos that you would like to share?
On day #303, I met up with my old friend Rudi from the UK whom I hadn't seen in over seven years. He was in town working for the Gorillaz as their lighting tech/roadie. I got back stage, met a lot of really fun people and watched the gig from the control desk, stage center. It was an amazing experience but star struck as I was, catching up with Rudi was still the best part of it.



6.) What are your future photography plans?
I'm taking a month off to read some fiction books (I cant multi-task).
After that, I plan to do a couple of collaborations with other flickr people around the globe - all from our respective home countries. I'm sure there'll be many emails and images being transferred back and forth in that time but I am looking forward to the challenge.


His favourites....

[242/365] Boxster

I chose this because it actually lead to some real paying work from a Porsche dealership in the bay area.


[294/365] JZ Week, #7

I chose this because I finally created a black and white shot I was really proud of. Especially the lighting.

[273/365] Hollywood Fall #5

I chose this simply because it still makes me laugh to this day ... and thats a good thing, right ?

No comments:

Post a Comment