Monday 3 January 2011

Congratulations to MeltedMoments!

Congratulations to Mel who completed her 365 on 31st December with this photo

365/365: The End

Mel's stream is filled with wonderful portraits, especially of her two young daughters and gives anyone visiting her stream an insight into her family life. She kindly agreed to answer our finisher's interview questions.

1) What inspired you to begin your 365 Project?
I had just finished a photography course and I was looking for something that would inspire me to carry on with my photography. I needed a challenge!

2) How would you describe your photography in just a few words?
I aim to capture memories and record history. I like my photography to make people smile and feel happy.

3) What surprised you the most about doing the 365 project?
How much it has become part of me. I don't feel like I need to take a perfect shot for the project as my aim was/is to record my year in photographs. I've been amazed at the variety of shots I've been able to take.
I've also surprised myself by committing to another 365 straight after this one has ended. I'm a glutton for punishment, that's for sure!

4) What did you learn during the course of your project?
I learned that even the most simple object or situation can be a photo opportunity. With a 365 project the only rules are the ones that you make yourself.

5) Do you have an interesting story about taking one of your 365 photos that you would like to share?
Looking through my photos from the project I realise that I can really remember taking all of them. The ones of my girls hold some special memories and that is precisely why I set out to record my year in the way I did. None of the shots particularly stand out with interesting stories to me, but in saying that I know I have fulfilled my own brief.

6) What are your future photography plans?
I have decided to do another 365 project after encouragement from my friends and family. My brief for the next project will be the same... to record daily life and to capture memories.
I want to carry on making people smile with my photography. If I can do that I will be very happy indeed.

My favourite shots from the project:

173/365: Drama Queen
Because it is such a true capture of my youngest daughter. Pictures like this help me to see that she is beautiful, even when she is behaving badly!

180/365: Back to normal
We had just got back from a stay in hospital with my eldest daughter where she had some horrible tests. I love the look of joy and relief on her face.

318/365: Remembrance Sunday
This was taken on Remembrance Sunday. My daughter was cradling the poppy and it seemed very poignant.

Congrats again to Mel! Here are a couple of admin favourites from the year and a slideshow of her complete 365.

356/365: My nephew

142/365: Sunny days


No comments:

Post a Comment