Tuesday 11 January 2011

Congratulations pea g.!

Yay! Congratulations to Lindsay who completed her 2010 Project 365 with this metaphor of a shot!

[365/365] The Long and Winding Road

It has been a pleasure to follow Lindsay and get to know a little bit about her journey to become a professional photographer. Her stream contains such a wide variety of subjects, beautifully photographed! Below are her answers to our finisher's interview questions, three of her favorite photos and two of mine, and a slideshow of her completed project. Congratulations again to Lindsay!

What inspired you to begin your 365 Project?
After deciding to make a career in photography, I sought a project that would challenge me to expand my skills and experience on a daily basis. I liked the idea of creating a written and pictorial journal of my day-to-day progress and activities.

[16/365] Emergency Laundry

How would you describe your photography in just a few words?
I try to tell a story with each photo.

What surprised you the most about doing the 365 project?
I'm not your typical sports nut. As a kid I competed in swimming and gymnastics, but I've never been very coordinated. I often brought books to read in the stands when I went to football and baseball games. Imagine my surprise to discover that I have a passion for sports photography! In 2010, I shot soccer, basketball, lacrosse, softball, baseball, volleyball, and football. I enjoy the thrill of stopping motion, preserving expressions, and capturing action.

[107/365] Sunset Pine

What did you learn during the course of your project?
On more than one occasion, I was convinced that I had run out of ideas and subjects, and couldn't possibly imagine coming up with anything new. Many of my ideas were last-minute, and I forced myself to find a creative way to photograph them to avoid a boring snapshot. I didn't realize there were so many hidden gems inside my own home!

Do you have an interesting story about taking one of your 365 photos that you would like to share?

[134/365] STS-132: Atlantis Shuttle Launch

I live two hours from Cape Canaveral, Florida, and my goal is to view and photograph the remaining shuttle launches. Without a media pass and an ultra-powerful lens, I knew I wasn't going to get the ideal close-up photo that I envisioned for Atlantis's launch on May 14. The nearby viewing spots are very crowded, and I arrived too late to grab a spot with an unobstructed view. I shuffled through stinky mud in my flip-flops to get to a seat on the wall at the end of a canal. Just before liftoff, crowds of people waded into the water in front of me to get a view of the shuttle. These spectators told the story in my photo that day. The scene presented itself so naturally, and yet I've never seen anything else like it.

[291/365] Proof that Fairies Exist

What are your future photography plans?
I'm a full-time photographer now. My paid gigs include freelancing for the local newspaper, stock photos, portraits, weddings, and other events. In my spare time, I photograph everything else! I began my second 365 project on 1/1/11, and I can't wait to watch the year unfold!

[87/365] Did I Miss It?

No comments:

Post a Comment