Saturday 28 August 2010

Congrats to ||nina|| !!

Congratulations to Nina! She finished her project last week. Yay!

365


I had a wonderful browse through Nina's project today. What a treat. I got to see the insider view to her home town of Vienna, a glimpse into life at the university, her trips to Egypt & Iceland and more. She was great with pairing up images in dippies. She had a wonderful array of reflections captured in her stream. In addition to leafless trees in winter. And below are a selection of my favs showing just that.


102
113166


And now in her own words... :)

1.) What inspired you to begin your 365 Project?
Shortly before I started my 365 Project I've been on a exchange semester in Amsterdam. During that semester I've traveled a lot, much more than usually. So I've been to a lot of interesting and inspiring places and consequentially I took a lot more pictures than I would have at home. When I came back to Vienna I missed traveling and discovering new places a lot. I thought that the 365 Project would mean that I had to discover and rediscover my hometown, finding inspiration in my seemingly dull everyday life.

30


2.) How would you describe your photography in just a few words?

I wish I had some kind of explicit style or reoccuring themes. But I don't.

86


3.) What surprised you the most about doing the 365 project?

Every place or object of my everyday life became more present and significant to me after I took a picture of it. Sometimes I pass buildings and it's like we (the building and me) have this ongoing dialogue, resp. as if we together form an (urban) narrative.

107


4.) What did you learn during the course of your project?

Through the project I became very interested in other people's photography and I think it's fascinating how diverse and personal photography can be. I also just love the fact that I regularly find people who's photography I can relate to.

300

6.) What are your future photography plans?
I'm not planning anything yet. After 365 I think I will just enjoy to aimlessly take pictures whenever I feel like it.

Want to see more.. here is a link to her whole 365! Enjoy & congrats again to you Nina!

No comments:

Post a Comment