Thursday 2 December 2010

Congratulations to ProphecyBlur !!!!!

Woo Hoo. Congratulations to ProphecyBlur!!! He finished his project this past friday. Yay!!!


Looking through his project you will notice his great eye for detail! His work also included a wonderful series of architectural shots, reflections, long exposures, minimalist shots, and many b&w images.

Here are a couple of my personal favs :)
DAY 84: Pretty in PinkDAY 296: Emoticon
DAY 316: On the SeaDAY 119: Stairwell


In 2009 his girlfriend gifted him a photography lesson and well.. the rest is history! His final photo is featured below, along with his answers to our questions!

DAY 365: The End

1.) What inspired you to begin your 365 Project?
I found myself constantly worrying about ‘What Camera’ and ‘What Lens’ I needed to be a better photographer. Which I felt seemed to be missing the point somewhat, so I decided to sell off what little gear I had and pick up a Canon Powershot S90 and find out what kind of photographer I would become after 365 days.

2.) How would you describe your photography in just a few words?
Hard to say, it has certainly changed a lot over the past year, I would say that my passion is for Urban Photography. I have deliberately tried to keep my images varied over the past year, so I think now that my project is over I will start to find out what my photography really is.

3.) What surprised you the most about doing the 365 project?
Both how much, and how little I enjoyed the project at times. I have swung from being a ‘Project 365’ evangelist, to wondering why I was stupid enough to ever start this $%$%^”£%£ Project!

4.) What did you learn during the course of your project?
I’ve learnt to play with my photography. Often a result of the frustration of having to take a photo, has led me to take images I would never have considered before. From intentional camera movement, to more abstract shots of every day objects and places. I feel like my photographic eye has forever changed, and there are a world of photos I will take in my future that I would otherwise have missed.

5.) Do you have an interesting story about taking one of your 365 photos that you would like to share?
My favourite story as such was Day 116 where I stumbled across a sand castle on a wall outside Canary Wharf Tube Station in London. I have no idea how or why it was there in London financial district, bit it was a moment of I would have missed had I not been doing my project.

6.) What are your future photography plans?
I want to find my style now the project is over, and focus my efforts on getting some images in competitions, magazines or galleries. I really want my photography to be more than a hobby, albeit I never expect to make any real money from it!

And below we have featured a few of his favorites. And in his own words, he describes why they were special to him.

Day 53: Never Walk Alone
DAY 53: Never Walk Alone [Explore]
I love this image, I was so lucky that I managed to capture both of the people walking in step in the dead centre of the bridge. I felt that this captured nicely the feel of the old London docks, that have now been morphed into a major financial hub.

Day 178: Rain at Sea
DAY 178: Rain at Sea
This is my personal favourite ‘Intentional Camera Movement’ image, taken from our hotel balcony with the rain tipping down. With a little flick up as the photo was being taken allowed for that almost painted feel to the final image.

Day 297: Winters Coming
DAY 297: Winters Coming
This is just a photo I would have never taken a year ago, and has been inspired by some of the other images I’ve seen on the 365 Community.




To check out the rest of his project... click on the link to the slideshow :) And congrats again to ProphecyBlur!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment