Friday 3 December 2010

Congratulations jaebn!

Congratulations to Jenny! She completed her 365 this week! I've really enjoyed following jaebn's project and I've loved so many of her photos. She brings such a unique style and surreal edge to her photography, especially in her portraits of her daughters. She uses backgrounds so effectively, sometimes the ways that she's placed her little girls in big, natural settings have given me chills. Her photos effectively portray many emotions: joy, loneliness, melancholy- and I've been impressed how she's captured such expressive moments. I've also really enjoyed reading her descriptions, they're beautifully written and filled with honesty and humor.

Here is jaebn's finisher interview with some of her favorite photos mixed in:

What inspired you to begin your 365 Project?
A few of my Flickr contacts were doing 365 projects, and it intrigued me. I wanted to be a better photographer, and I thought if daily practice for an entire year couldn't help me, nothing could.
"dandelions in a vase"


How would you describe your photography in just a few words?
Two little girls in natural light. :)

I wish I had a clever title.


What surprised you the most about doing the 365 project?
I thought it would be harder. After the first month, it became habit, and it was all down hill from there.

grass + baby


What did you learn during the course of your project?
I learned how to get the most out of my camera and which settings and effects I like best. I also learned a lot about Photoshop, textures, and my favorite techniques in post processing.

Do you have an interesting story about taking one of your 365 photos that you would like to share?
I lost my wedding ring while shooting Day 70:
Adventure


On Day 231:
Watch me walk away.

I walked around barefoot for half an hour before realizing that the ground was full of bees living in tunnels. I am allergic to bee stings, but I had no idea bees lived underground, so I wasn't careful at all.
Both stories had happy endings.

What are your future photography plans?
Don't laugh, but my long-term plan is to go pro. I'm saving up for a DSLR so I can be a family and children's photographer. Part of that plan involves another 365 project to help me get to know the new camera when it comes.

rain


Finally, here are a couple of my favorites from Jenny's stream and a slideshow of her entire project.

Swing and a Miss (Explore)

walk the line... again

No comments:

Post a Comment