Wednesday 21 July 2010

Congratulations Candy Pop!

Congratulations to Natasha! She completed her 365 Project today! Natasha's project is a feast of color and charm. She has gorgeous photos of nature, antiques, toys and dolls. I find it impossible to visit her stream and not smile a bunch at all of her cheerful, creative and fun images. Here are some admin faves from her year.

111/365 336/365 342/365


Here's Natasha's finisher's interview, along with some of her favorite photos and her final photo of her project. The first three made Explore and the first one was featured on Explore's front page. Yay!

What inspired you to begin your 365 Project?

I decided to start a 365 project for a couple of reasons. Firstly, I am quite possibly the worst diary keeper. I like to be visually stimulated, words on paper do nothing for me. I started the project on my 35th birthday. So this has become a visual diary of my life, at the age of 35, which I hope I will enjoy looking back on in years to come.

And secondly, it was a challenge and I like to be challenged! I also hoped the project would encourage me to take photographs out of my comfort zone. Which it did.

237/365


How would you describe your photography in just a few words?

I hope my photography shows that I do not take myself too seriously! I try to look for colour, beauty and humour in my home, the city of Oxford where I live and the places I visit.

4/365


What surprised you the most about doing the 365 project?
Winter! I got through it!

At about day 100 someone said to me I had created 'a rod for my own back' in trying to capture fun, bright and interesting subjects – assuming I could not maintain this in the grey winter months. Looking back through my photographs I do not feel there is a dip in momentum in the winter – simply a lack of flowers!

301/365


What did you learn during the course of your project?
It does not matter how grey and miserable the day is – or how grey and miserable I feel - I can always find something of interest to inspire me.

348/365


Do you have an interesting story about taking one of your 365 photos that you would like to share?

Probably getting continually 'told off' for trying to take photographs in vintage and antique shops. Naughty Candy Pop!

10/365


What are your future photography plans?
Simply to continue to photograph the world as I see it.

365/365


I would like to say a final huge thank you to everyone who followed my 365 project!

Kindest regards, Natasha (Candy Pop)

Congratulations again to Natasha, and a very happy birthday tomorrow! :) Here's a link to her completed project:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/candypop1/sets/72157621779483360/show/

No comments:

Post a Comment