Wednesday 17 March 2010

Congratulations Sara in Montréal!

Congratulations to Sara! She completed her 365 Project this week! Her project set is a wonderful place to visit, it is filled with wonderful colors and details, and photos of everyday details artfully presented. Her portraits are lovely and she has taken many great macros. Below are some the photos Sara choose as her favorites, and in her own words, why they are meaningful to her:

151/365 la trainée du bateau 153/365 live diptych

Both these pictures would never have won a second look pre-365. They would have been deemed 'bad' and deleted. But the obligation to have at least one shot a day made me reconsider what good is: it's not always synonymous with 'sharp', not anymore. Those two I really like, because of the mood/movement the out of sharpness gives them.



115/365 The one I wanted.

This one is about a lot of things in my 365: the importance of daily objects to the project and trying to acquire some new techniques. This one is the first time I tried short DOF on purpose. And it's the toys and ideas of my little one (modified a bit by the photographer), illustrating all the help she gave me through the year. Plus it's the only one that made it as a weekly picture in the 365 Community!



Maison Grognier - alternate 123

This one is actually a contender. But it has a lot of different meanings to me. First, it's an illustration of my architectural shots. And the very architect who drew this house was my step-dad, it was the very last he did. I don't remember what's the POD for that day and why this one didn't make the final cut. I could have chosen another to illustrate this point, but this one was chosen by a friend of mine to illustrate some of their funding tools at the reinsertion house where she works.



334/365 Sablés

This one, and the last one, are for my experimentation with GIMP. Except for some framing. contrasts and saturation, including black and white I did not work that much on post processing. Picassa is really my basic tool. But sometimes, because of an error I made with the white balance, or when I want diptych or triptych, I resorted to GIMP.


Congratulations again to Sara! We're looking forward to seeing her shots as an 365 alumni (and some new baby photos soon!) in the 365 Community pool. Below are her final photo (be sure to visit and read her lovely description that accompanies it), an admin fave and the slideshow of her completed project.

365/365 tout est là 107/365 after the storm

No comments:

Post a Comment