Tuesday 1 February 2011

Congratulations to MarianneLoMonaco!

Congratulations to Marianne, who completed her 365 project on December 31 with this photo:
Day Three Hundred and Sixty Five

Marianne's project is filled with a variety of color, nature and scenery. Below is her finisher's interview:

What inspired you to begin your 365 Project?
I had seen on flickr that people were titling their photos with numbers; I didn’t understand what it meant and at the time I hadn’t heard of a project365. When I learned about the project it seemed like a fun thing to do and I thought it would be good way to force myself to be creative every day. Also, a few people I knew said they were going to do it, so once I was really sure I would commit I decided that I would go for it too.

How would you describe your photography in just a few words?
It's about the details, really pretty natural light and blur.

What surprised you the most about doing the 365 project?
That people liked my photos. I was really surprised by all the positive feedback that I got right away from people that knew me and from total strangers. I wasn’t expecting it at all. It gave me more confidence and I started to trust my instincts more.

What did you learn during the course of your project?
I finally learned how to use my camera. I had my DSLR for under a year before starting my project and I didn't know what I was doing. My old camera was such a jerk, it used to randomly shut off when I’d press the shutter. I also learned a different way of seeing the world. I think there is beauty everywhere, even gross parking lots. I also taught myself how to use Photoshop, before that I was doing easy edits with Picnik.

What are your future photography plans?
Aside from selling prints on Etsy I'm doing a 52 week project. I'm also trying to put together a book of my 365. And I would really like to step out of my comfort zone this year and do more street photography.

Her favorites:
Day Two Hundred and Forty Nine
Day Two Hundred and Fifty Five Day Three Hundred and Sixty

Congrats again to Marianne! Here are a few admin favorites along with a slideshow of her completed project.

Day Three Hundred and Twenty Four Day One Hundred and Seventy Seven Day Three Hundred and Twenty Six

No comments:

Post a Comment