Wednesday 9 June 2010

Congratulations Elliot Norwood!

Congratulations to Elliot! He completed his 365 Project recently and finished uploading the end of his project onto flickr this week! Elliot's project contains great images in both color and black and white; during the course of the year he has taken many wonderful macros, food shots and street scenes. Elliot answered the following questions about his experience with his 365 Project:

What inspired you to begin your 365 Project?
I was inspired by a friend of mine who had told me about the 365 project before. I wanted to challenge myself and improve my photography skills so I decided to start my own.

How would you describe your photography in just a few words?
I'm not sure I have a particular style of photography, I really enjoy architectural photography and studio work with objects and food, for this project I've had to expanded to include a lot of street photography.

What surprised you the most about doing the 365 project?
What surprised me most was how much my photographic and post-processing techniques improved. I felt there was a noticeable difference from having to take a photo every day, and to try to make it something interesting.

What did you learn during the course of your project?
I learned that it's hard to keep coming up with new photos toward the end of your project :). Also just in general better photo technique, framing, interesting subjects, finding a picture where you may not normally look. It really forces you outside of your comfort zone.

What are your future photography plans?
I am a hobbiest photographer now and probably will be for a while, although I have thought of pursuing it as a career. I'd be interested in doing architectural, or perhaps product photography. After this 365 project I'll likely just focus on specific projects for a while, though I may do one again in the future.

Below are some of Elliot's favorite photos from his project, an admin favorite, his final photo and a slideshow of his entire year. Congratulations again Elliot, for finishing your project with so many stunning shots!

Emotion. Compact fluorescent.
Spiral staircase below. Satsuma III.
Hustle. 365 complete.


No comments:

Post a Comment