Saturday 1 May 2010

Congratulations denesiachristine!

Congratulations to Deni! She completed her 365 Project recently, and it is a wonderful collection to explore! Her project is filled with stunning nature photos, lovely glimpses into her daily life and exciting sports photography. Deni graciously agreed to answer the following questions about her experience with her 365 Project:

What inspired you to begin your 365 Project?
I started my 365 photo project after finally making the switch from film to digital. :) I was eager to explore the world with my new camera and thought what better way than with a 365!

How would you describe your photography in just a few words?
I would describe my photography as "always trying to see thru God's eyes"

What surprised you the most about doing the 365 project?
I was surprised by how QUICKLY it went by!

What did you learn during the course of your project?
I think what I learned the most from my 365 was that I should never be afraid to try something new. I think that before my 365 I was falling into a rut of the same old photos all the time, but my 365 helped me to not only explore what my camera can do, but what the light around me can do and what different views can become interesting when you make a point of shooting them.

Do you have an interesting story about taking one of your 365 photos that you would like to share?
On Day 29, I was driving to pick up my daughter in the rain from school and decided to take my camera with me. Finding things to photograph on rainy days always seemed difficult. I saw her running towards my car in the rain with her umbrella and started shooting thru the window as she approached. This one shot turned out to be one of my favorites... she hasn't yet opened the car door.. she's wondering what the heck I am doing and getting blown by the wet wind while waiting for me to unlock the door. For some reason, this memory will stay with me forever... and I'll always think of her when it rains. :) I think it was on this day that I discovered that the essence of daily life really was worth preserving.

What are your future photography goals and plans?
I have been an environmental portrait artist for years, and had been in a slump prior to my 365... business declined for me during this year.. and now I think I'm ready to start pursuing new clientele. But, I will make sure that my photography is done because I want to, not because I'm being paid to.... there really is a difference.

Which photos do you consider your favorites and why?

Day 48 because of the precious memory it captures... of a Daddy and his little girl on the verge of becoming a teenager.

by the lake

My first time capturing lightning!!

Day 100 Marina in the storm


This photo is special... this player who is scoring a touchdown lost his mother unexpectedly just a few days before this game.

For Mom


On my daughter's birthday, I pulled over on the side of the road and ran up the bridge to get this shot. :)

to Megan from God on your birthday


I've always been searching for a good "lone tree" capture. :) I finally found one, and it was my 1st time ever to make EXPLORE! :)

field of dreams {EXPLORED}


Congratulations again to Deni! Here is the link to her completed project, and below is the final photo of the project and an admin favorite.

It is Finished!

2 comments:

  1. thanks for featuring me! I had a blast doing my 365... and the 365 community made it so much fun!! I'm sure I'll be back. :)
    ~Deni

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very good stories~~ Thanks for ur sharing~~!! ........................................

    ReplyDelete